Movie Review: “When the Game Stands Tall”

When the Game Stands Tall

When the Game Stands Tall

Abigail Williams, Staff Writer

On August 22, 2014, “When The Game Stands Tall” premiered. The movie has an income of around 8.4 million dollars in one week, and the movie is also rated PG.  The film is inspired by a true story about the high school football team, the De La Salle Spartans.

The De La Salle Spartans football team had a winning streak of 151 games,  which broke all of the records for American Sports. The previous teams for the past 12 years had worked very hard. All of a sudden, the Spartans lose a game, and tragedy comes over the team about losing their streak. The coach now has to teach them that the brotherhood they had built and leaned on for the last couple of years was worth it. He also teaches the town, the school, and the team it doesn’t matter how you fall, it matters how you get up.The team is lost and confused about where they stand, and how to overcome the loss of the twelve year winning streak. How they overcome the loss is significant and heartwarming.

This film is directed by Thomas Carter. The cast includes Jim Caviezel, Alexander Ludwig, Michael Chiklis, Laura Dern, and Stephan James. The movie has a run time of 115 minutes, including credits.  We liked this movie and enjoyed watching the football team train and play games. We highly suggest that if you are football fans that you go see this movie with your friends or parents.