Yankee Candle Sale for Performing Arts Program!

Ray Adame, Writer

Granite Hills Chambers, Encore!, Bravo, and Serenade, as well as Drama, have begun a fundraiser. Yankee Candle has collaborated with them to raise money for any arts department program. It is agreed that the arts department is to be given forty percent of the funds raised. The representative, Steve Hoffrichter, says that he likes working with the arts department because they are a fun group, they are polite, and they are respectful & he is happy to work with them, once again.

This fundraiser not only features candles but different choices of popcorn, wax melters, and magazines, too. This is the second year that the performing arts students are working with Yankee Candle and they are determined to raise more than last year. Candles start as low as $7, and they come in a variety of scents and sizes. This includes an increase on prices as well.

Steve has recommended the following candles:

• 302 Balsam and Cedar Medium Candle Jar Candle                            $27.50
  • 297 NEW Honey Clementine Medium Jar Candle                              $27.50
  • 343 Honey Clementine Scented Tea Light Candles                             $12.00
  • 133 Pink Sands Medium Jar Candle                                                        $27.50
  • 168 Macintosh Medium Jar Candle                                                         $27.50

These funds help the arts department go on tour for Chambers & Encore! singers, helps them pay for costumes or specific arrangements, transportation to activities & competitions, concerts, & of course, music. The arts department has been doing big things lately and our name is getting out there. Not only is the arts department’s name getting out there but also as well as our precious school. So let’s not let down our school spirit and don’t hesitate to support the arts department;  locate any choir or drama member, along with Mr, Churchill in C411 for purchases and further information.