High School Nation Comes to GHHS!

Ivette Avina, Writer

Granite Hills High School, home of the Cougars, has always come up with fun and exciting ways to entertain and motivate their students in a fun and healthy way. From sports to pep rallies, fun is in the air. The most exciting thrill yet for the year of 2015-2016 was High School Nation. HSN put on a great and exhilarating concert that had various amount of activities for students to participate in.

Many sponsors were there to support HSN and our school, and as for the concert, an astounding performance by Drake Bell was displayed on stage at the heart of the action. A wide assortment of fun activities were accessible such as dancing with the #Truth guys who DJed as they gave groovy commands to follow the leader. The win of each game got a prize of course and with each prize came a fact about smoking. The #Truth gave out awesome hats, tank tops, and bags that were fashionable and that also encouraged us not to smoke. At this attraction there was also some tasteful refreshments such as Takis and to drink there was ICE sparkling water. A free refreshing ICE drink would sooth your thirst as you rave at the pounding of the music going on only a few feet away.

Drake Bell took a break from his performance to sign some autographs and take a few pictures with the students. A few more stands were also at arms reach to get creative and tie-dye a T-shirt with Tulip, or do a painting with Blick art materials. If you like to get loud, some instruments including DW drums were available for usage. Each sponsor advertised their product but also had a fun activity for us to do to win prizes and enjoy ourselves. Students everywhere were having a great time, smiling and laughing, spending time together. Everyone was bonding and enjoying the company of on and other. Another great memory at another great high school, the home of the cougars, we’re more than friends, we’re family.

Students everywhere were having a great time, smiling and laughing, spending time together. Everyone was bonding and enjoying the company of on and other. Another great memory at another great high school, the home of the Cougars, where we’re more than friends, we’re family.