Testing the Right Way

Remedies Jackson, Writer

Most teens these days are thinking about test taking right now. The SAT/ACT’s are really important if you plan on going to any four-year college, and most of them look for a high score on them. Here are some tips to get you started on getting good scores on them.

Practice, and practice; this may seem  obvious, but practice is  the most important key to getting the score that you want or need and is really a big help with the SAT and the ACT. It’s suggested taking a practice test that simulates the actual test environment. Take the full test in a quiet space under timed conditions that you can concentrate in. Know the differences between the SAT and ACT tests. The SAT tests two things: language arts and math. The ACT tests four different things: English, math, reading, and science.  Both the ACT and the SAT cover pre-algebra, algebra I and II, and geometry.

Take the test more than once; students take the test more than once to help them get better and so they can find where they are and how much they can improve. Each time you become more familiar and comfortable with the testing conditions and test questions. When it comes to the ACT or the SAT,  sometimes the third time really is the charm. It’s often that third time where you’ll see the improvement.

Taking really good notes in class can also help a lot, using them and writing them in a way that you understand them. Reading will help with developing your vocabulary and you can use  those words when it’s time to test so keep reading.

For more info read:http://www.wral.com/high-school-testing-10-tips-to-prepare-for-acts-sats/13353829/