Kobe Retires

Kobe Retires

Remedies Jackson, Writer

Kobe Bean Bryant ,born August 23, 1978, is an  professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).

Kobe entered the NBA directly from high school, and has played for the Lakers his entire career, winning five NBA championships. He is a 17-time All-Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, and 12-time member of the All-Defensive team. He has led the league in scoring twice, and he ranks third on both the league’s all-time regular season.

Bryant has decided, that after his 2015-16 season he will be retiring from basketball. He announced his departure at the 107-103 loss to Indiana pacers, in the form of a poem titled “Dear Basketball”, which he states that he can take the the pounding of his heart and his mind can take the “grind”, but his body can’t take it anymore. He also says “I’ve known for a while,

A decision like this, you can’t make that decision based on outside circumstances. It has to be an internal decision, and finally I’ve decided to accept that I can’t actually do this anymore, and I’m OK with that.” I would think that would take a lot of thinking and observing to realize that the thing you have been doing for 37 years because you love it, has to be given up.

Kobe has been doing basketball his whole life, 19 years of getting knocked over and pushed to ground and things like that can really take a toll on the body. We wish Kobe luck with the rest of his life and we congratulate him on all his achievements.