What Was Your Favorite Childhood Show?

A Blast from the Past!

Back to Article
Back to Article

What Was Your Favorite Childhood Show?

Cassidy Womack, Senior Editor

In a recently conducted survey, we asked our student body what their favorite childhood show was and received a lot of good answers. The most popular shows are Spongebob Squarepants, Blues Clues, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Dora the Explorer. Spongebob won with 15 votes, while Blues Clues and Avatar recieved four and Dora got 3. The fact that Spongebob won was no surprise to me considering that it was a popular show back then, and is still a popular show today. These all were typical, familiar children shows. It was when we got responses such as Courage the Cowardly Dog and Proud Family that I was surprised.

When we get responses such as Kim Possible, Barney, Scooby Doo, and the PowerPuff Girls, you expect them. On the other hand, Courage the Cowardly Dog was a little creepy and scared me when I was little, so it surprises me that it was among the group that got more than 1  vote. Another one that surprised me was Proud Family, because it was like humorous in a way that most kids don’t really understand.

Some responses were shows that I watched, but completely forgot about since then. For example, some of my favorite shows were Danny Phantom, Recess, Rugrats, and Teletubbies. However, since they got discontinued, I haven’t really thought about them. Honestly, I’d rather not go back and watch some of my favorite shows. I want to remember those shows as amazing and hilarious, and if I were to watch them again, I know that I’d be more than disappointed.

Although I wouldn’t watch them again, I am happy that I was in the era that had all of these old shows because the shows you see today are not as great as they used to be. Anyways, feel the need to comment and tell us your favorite childhood show, we’d love to hear from you. Also any ideas on cool survey questions that are appropriate that you’d like to know, comment in the boxes below.