Life after High School

No matter what they decide to do after graduation, it is good to know that so many seniors have plans for after high school.

Cassidy Womack, Writer

In a school-wide survey, we asked our senior class of 2015 to tell us about some of their plans after high school. The majority of the responses were to go to college/university. Some responses were to go to the military. Others said they would go to trade schools. We got a lot of the usual responses, but what we really wanted to know was what everyone had planned to do after high school. We wanted to know where they saw themselves in the next years to come. I was actually surprised when someone deviated from the familiar plans and said that their goals for after high school were to have a home and a family. Most people don’t think of this as soon as they get out of high school, which is probably why we had only one response along these lines, but it is good to know that someone was looking ahead to the distant future.

Other than that, it was good to read about some people who told us what they plan to study in college. We had both chemical and mechanical engineering in our responses as well as psychology and computer science. I found these to be really interesting career choice that make me happy to read about. There were also many other majors that people are going into such as Biology, English, Animal Science, and many others.

In addition to those college/university people, there were those who decided that the military was the way to go. We had people who said they would go to the Army, Navy, and Marines, but we didn’t have any responses that said they were headed to the Air Force, which I found weird. Maybe I just missed the people when I was doing the survey.

Then, there were those who responded and said they would either join the workforce or go to trade school. Some said they would become chefs and others said they would just go and get jobs immediately.

No matter what they decide to do after graduation, it is good to know that so many seniors have plans for after high school. I don’t think I had a single survey that someone said they don’t have plans for after school.

If you’d like to tell us your plans after high school or comment on the story, comment in the boxes below. We love to hear everyone’s opinion and we can’t always reach every class to survey.