What Is Your Favorite Season?

We asked 70 Cougars for their opinion. Most of them hissed and growled at us.

Back to Article
Back to Article

What Is Your Favorite Season?

Jacquelyn Northcutt

On Friday, March 20th, spring officially started. This year, we had a rather mild winter. For those of us that don’t like cold weather, this was a blessing. For those who do like cold weather, this part of the year will drive you crazy. The sun will be beaming from the top of the sky, flowers will be blooming, and mosquitos will be biting like crazy. As I observed this change in the weather, one question came to mind: what season is more popular among the students at Granite Hills?

To answer this question, I surveyed 70 students. After tallying the results, I’ve been able to conclude that summer seems to be the most popular. 24 students picked summer as their favorite season, 16 picked spring, 14 picked winter, and 9 picked autumn. One student even said that seasons aren’t real! I think that most of the people like summer because you can go swimming without getting hypothermia, and you get to eat ice cream 24/7. Also, you get to spend two months off of school. During summer vacation, you can go camping, go to the beach, or just sit home and watch Netflix.

Personally, my favorite season is spring. It’s not too hot or too cold. Spring is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors before it gets boiling hot. However, the best part of spring is the return of baseball. I live and breathe for baseball, so naturally, I’m stoked for spring to bring the beginning of the season.

If you have anything you’d like us to write about, please leave a comment below! Or, if you fill out our survey, you are entered for a chance to win free baked goods from Bakery.