Most Popular Books for Teenagers

The Sears catalog did not make the list.

Cassidy Womack, Writer

Lately, I have been having trouble finding interesting books to read. I realized that other teenagers might be struggling to find some too. So, I thought I would look up what books are capturing the attention of teenagers today.

The top ten most popular teenage books according to goodreads.com were The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, Twilight by Stephenie Meyers, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Fault in our Stars by John Green, Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, Insurgent by Veronica Roth, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, and The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. When I looked at this list, I was surprised that Harry Potter did not make it to the top ten, but was number 12 coming after Looking for Alaska by John Green.

As I looked through the list, it seemed like the authors to look for were Suzanne Collins, Stephenie Meyer, Veronica Roth, John Greene, Cassandra Clare, and J.K. Rowling. Other authors whose name popped up were Scott Westerfeld with the book called Uglies, Markus Zusak with The Book Thief, Jay Asher with Thirteen Reasons Why, Laurie Halse Anderson with Speak, Rick Riordan with Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, James Dasher with Maze Runner, and many more great authors and selections.

I would definitely recommend that students go onto this website to see what interesting new books you can find. They are only suggestions, but it shows you the description of the book and then gives you reviews from people who have read it. There are many genres to choose from including Fiction, Non-fiction, Classic, Manga, Mystery, Thriller, Spirituality, Self-help, Suspense, and many other great options. So, if you are looking to find new books to read, refer to goodreads.com or look up most popular teenage books to read.

Like the article, have any suggestions, put them in the comment boxes below, we’d love to hear from you.