Fantasy or Anime

This is a difficult choice for your reporter.

Fantasy or Anime

Abigail Williams, Writer

Fantasy or Anime? Fantasy stories such as Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Shrek, Twilight, Percy Jackson, Mortal Instruments, and Silmarillion, are favorites of many.  Also, Anime such as Naruto, Bleach, Fairytail, Blue Exorcist, Darker than Black, Soul Eater, Ghost Hunt,  Daphne in Brilliant Blue, Spice Wolf, and Ouran High School Host club  are very popular. Truly, everyone watches Fantasy or Anime once or twice in their life, but I want to know if you would prefer to watch either fantasy, or anime. So, the question to the reader is, “would you prefer to watch Fantasy or Anime?

To be sure, I love Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and Naruto , but I can’t choose Fantasy or Anime! Don’t get me wrong! I am not suggesting that asking this question is a difficult question, however,  when you really like both genres it’s so hard to decide which one is the best. The thing with Anime is that it’s so confusing when you start off on a random episode. By contrast, in Fantasy, you can start the movie at almost any part, and quickly figure out what is going on. In addition, if you start off with Fantasy stories randomly throughout the movie you tend to gain knowledge of what’s going on. Also, some Anime shows contain inappropriate content, in other words, things that shouldn’t be shown. In most Fantasy movies that I have seen, there isn’t inappropriate content that is shown. In my opinion Fantasy is the winner.

In conclusion, I asked twenty people during lunch what they would rather watch. The results are in! 45% said that Anime was the best, while and the other rest of the 55% said that they would rather watch Fantasy then anime. Fantasy is the winner! Even though people would rather watch Fantasy than Anime, Anime is still really good and interesting.