Dating: Looks or Personality?

Dating: Looks or Personality?

Abigail Williams, Staff Writer

Should you date a guy who just likes you for your looks and not your personality? We all know that one guy who just likes you for your looks, but not for your personality. He is really nice, he has great abs, he wants to date you. Your friends are telling you that you should date him, but you aren’t really sure because his sister came up and told that he just wanted to date you for your looks. Well, I’m here to give you my opinion about this type of situation.

All of us girls are very beautiful on the inside and out, but guys really don’t get the inside because he is always just looking on the outside. It bugs all of us because he might be judgemental and leave you if you act like yourself, so we are supposed to act fake. Let me just tell you acting fake gets you nowhere, unless you want people to highly dislike you. Guess what? Acting like yourself is the most important thing in life! If you act like yourself and he hates it, then it’s his loss and he missed on the biggest chance ever, because you are beautiful on the inside and out! If no one has ever told you that then I will, because acting fake around a guy is wrong and shouldn’t be allowed in a relationship. Dating a guy who just likes you for your looks gets you nowhere in life whatsoever! It not only causes you to act fake, but it also leads to other things too. So is it very smart to date a guy who just likes you for your looks and not your personality, or would you want a guy who loves your personality and your looks? It is your decision.

I asked 30 girls if they would date a guy who just liked them for their looks, and not for their personality. The results are back, and 25 of them say that they wouldn’t date a guy who just liked them for their looks. The rest of the 5 said that they would date a guy who liked them for their looks. I asked the girl why she would date the guy out of curiosity and she replied, “Just for the experience of dating in high school. It’s not like I’m going to stay with the guy my whole entire life.” It led me to thinking that maybe if you just want to have a relationship experience in high school, then go for it and date the guy who just likes you for your looks.

Dating a guy who just likes you for your looks is not very bright, but if you just want it for the fun experience of dating in high school, then go for it, just don’t think it will last long. Anyway’s, it is your decision to chose which guys you would want to date. Chose wisely and maybe one day you might marry the one guy who you have dreamed of for many years.