Spirit Wear Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spirit Wear Week

Bee Sandoval

This week, October 26th through the 30th, ASB hosted a spirit wear week where every day of the week was a different dress up day. October 26th, Monday, was floral, where students wore every shade of flower there is. October 27th, Tuesday was wear purple day because this month is not only Breast Cancer Awareness month, but also Non-Domestic Violence Abuse month as well. The color purple represents woman’s fight for total freedom. Tuesday was also Tye-Dye day as well, so our students showed a bit of their groovy side off. Wednesday, October 28th, was one I saw the most students participate in which was Pink and Black day, where everyone showed these colors to represent Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Granite Hills has actually done a lot this month to show how serious we take cancer by sports teams wearing pink to their practices, games, and even on the daily as well. October 29th, Thursday, was Tourist day where the students gave us their tackiest shirts, bucket hats, maps, and binoculars to look just like the average tourist. This was my favorite in my opinion! Our students got very creative with this one. Last but not least, Friday, October 30th, Our students wore their Halloween costume in spirit for October 31st, the actual Halloween date. Friday was also Flannel day where we snuggled up in our favorite flannels. Our Cougars really participated this week, and it was great seeing a bit of everyone’s silly side!