We Need Our Own Stadium!

Back to Article
Back to Article

We Need Our Own Stadium!

Taylor Johnson, Writer

On September 4th the Apple Valley High School and Granite Hills High School football teams played at Newton T. Bass Stadium for the Barrel. We share this stadium with Apple High because we don’t have our own, so when we have home games, we usually play at the Newton T. Bass stadium. This stadium is named after the late Newton T. Bass, the founder of our very own Apple Valley, CA.

Another reason we need our very own stadium is because we can’t have any home games. We have no stadium for our fans and parents to come and watch, although we do have a field. It is surrounded by our running track, so people have to bring their own chairs. We are the only school in the High Desert without a stadium, and when we do have home games, we have to travel to Apple Valley High- that isn’t considered a home game if we have to travel into enemy territory. Most of the schools in the High Desert are a far distance from our school; most of them are in Victorville and that’s a good 30-minute drive to the school we would go have to. Although the football players have a bus ride there, some students may want to attend the game. However, they will not have a ride, the cheerleaders have to get a ride from parents also.

I still think that Granite Hills High School needs our own stadium; let’s not hide that Cougar spirit, remember Maroon & Grey all the way!